Sr. UX Director | UX Architect | Creative Director | Art Director | UI/UX Designer
Innovative and Creative UX Director with a proven track record of delighting clients and exceeding goals through building cross-functional teams to serve aggressive business objectives. Over twenty years of experience in designing and directing UX/UI and Print for enterprise-level retail and business companies, ecommerce applications, email and social media.
UX (User Experience) architecture and design, UX/UI best practices, wire frames, responsive design, art direction, print design, branding, marketing, advertising, organizational management, project management, ecommerce, social media, email marketing, A/B Testing, SEO, HTML, CSS. Software: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, iRise, Invision, Basecamp, Jira, Concept Share, Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio. Thorough understanding of modern web client and server technologies, Analytics, Accessibility, Agile Methodology, and Quality Assurance (QA).
Digital River, Inc., Minnetonka, MN Jan 2010 - Feb 2018
Director – Storefront Development/Experience Engineering
Digital River is an ecommerce agency building and operating a cloud commerce multi-tenant SaaS system for retail and subscriptions. Digital River processes over $2.5B in transactions for major enterprise-level companies and over $35B in payment processing annually worldwide.
- Created and launched over 1000 ecommerce stores worldwide.
- Decreased resources by over 50% while increasing billable utilization 80%.
- Transformed department from a cost center into profit center culminating in over 9.5 million dollars in additional revenue in 2016.
- Achieved reduction in web development P1 root cause launch issues by 190%.
- Innovated efficiencies and methodologies exponentially decreasing time to market.
- Client facing representative for UX/UI Best Practices.
- UX Designer and Creative Director for clients and company.
- Responsible for a team localized in Asia, India, Europe and America.
- Sampling of clients served: Samsung, HTC, Nikon, LG, Nokia, Cisco, GE, Lenovo, Autodesk, Adobe, Kaspersky, Avast, HP, Western Digital, Onkyo, Trend Micro, EA Games, Ubisoft, Rock Star Games, Logitech, Herman Miller, Flir, Siemens, Honeywell ...
Bronto Software, Inc., Durham, NC 2006 - 2010
Creative Services Manager
Bronto Software creates email marketing software that powers personalized multichannel content for retailers. Bronto is a leading email marketing provider to the global Internet Retailer Top 1000.
- Designer and producer for Bronto brand, print, web and tradeshow environment.
- Designed and created innovative assets for online client acquisition.
- Managed vendor relationships for print and tradeshow asset creation
- Sole Creative resource for marketing and system software maintenance screens.
Art.com, Inc., Raleigh, NC 2003 - 2005
Art.com is the world's largest online specialty retailer of high-quality wall art, prints and complementary décor.
- Directed designers and developers for continuous UX improvement on retail web site.
- Lead designer and co-inventor for Patented proprietary search engine and framing application accessible on the website.
- Designer and producer for all marketing print advertisement and physical catalogs.
Digital River, Inc., Minnetonka, MN 1997 - 2002
Sr. Creative Director
Digital River is an ecommerce outsourcer that builds and operates a multi-tenant SaaS system for consumer electronics companies and software publishers.
- Directed Marketing, UX, Web Development and Technical Writing departments.
- Creative Director and Designer for clients in all aspects of ecommerce implementations.
- UX Designer for internal SaaS ecommerce system and all maintenance screens.
Fingerhut, Inc., Minnetonka, MN 1992 - 1997
Sr. Art Director
Fingerhut was a direct-mail retailer and credit company offering hundreds of thousands of products as well as providing a sweepstakes to its clientele.
- Sweepstakes group direct-mail Art Director.
- Art Director and developer for Fingerhut.com and an overstock liquidation ecommerce venture called AndysGarageSale.com
Advertising Director, MicroVoice Applications, Inc. 1991 – 1992
Production Art Supervisor, Cam-Comp Services, Inc. 1991
Production Artist, Jostens Learning Company 1990
Collins College, B.A. Visual Communications 1990